To see our current goals and objective, click here.
Areas of Concentration
1. TOURISM PROMOTION
- Build awareness of Route 6 as a scenic driving destination.
- Welcome visitors and make them feel comfortable.
- Make Route 6 an affordable experience.
- Travel Guide and printed materials
- Website and Interactive Marketing
- Public Relations
2. CULTURAL CONSERVATION
- Encourage Historic Preservation.
- Encourage rehabilitation and reuse of older buildings in the Corridor.
- Create, maintain and improve cultural opportunities.
- PA Route 6 Artisan Trail
- Technical Assistance
3. RECREATION & OPEN SPACE
- Create and maintain recreational opportunities.
- Provide technical assistance to enhance the natural character within the Route 6 Corridor.
- Encourage well planned development that protects significant natural resources.
- Seek protection and enhancements of key scenic areas.
- Establish and maintain Route 6 as a recognizable corridor.
- PA and National Scenic Byway Designation
- Trail Connectivity
- Route 6 Heritage Communities
- Education and awareness building on importance of natural resources
4. INTERPRETATION & EDUCATION
- Develop and maintain a PA Route 6 Heritage Program.
- Coordinate delivery of information along the corridor.
- Improve wayfinding signage along Corridor.
- Enhance and encourage Corridor uniformity.
- Develop interpretive products
- Provide consistent and visitor friendly signage
5. ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT
- Encourage economic diversity throughout the Corridor.
- Promote meaningful planning through partnerships.
- Encourage removal of blight.
- Develop local and community pride.
- Make residents knowledgeable.
- Enhance vibrant towns
- Facilitate intergovernmental cooperation.
- Maintain cross-corridor thinking and communication.
- Connection Newsletter
- US Route 6 Association