Interested in becoming a member of the PA Route 6 Artisan Trail?
Sign up here:
Our membership cycle runs from January 1 through December 31 and memberships are renewed annually.
You may also just sign up as a subscriber to receive our newsletter (no charge): Newsletter Sign Up .
Do you need more information? Here are some Facts:
WHO: we are a connected collection of artists, artisans, galleries, retail outlets and arts organizations, all with the united purpose of promoting our local and regional cultural resources.
We have 13 Partners across the state: 4 PPAs: Arts Erie, ECCOTA (Elk County Council for the Arts), BCRAC (Bradford County Regional Arts Council), Pocono Arts Council, and 9 CVBs: Pocono Mountains Visitors Bureau, Lackawanna CVB, Endless Mountains Visitors Bureau, Tioga County Visitors Bureau, Potter County Visitors Bureau, Allegheny National Forest Visitors Bureau, Warren CVB, Visit Erie, Crawford CVB
WHAT: We are a membership organization, partially funded through DCNR. We connect through:
Newsletters: e-mailed monthly, just enough to give you info, we don’t want to clutter your inbox
Website: Our new, freshly made-over site: http://www.paroute6.com/artisan_trail
Printed brochures: distributed through Visitors Bureaus, Visitor’s Centers & retail outlets.
WHERE: we are a 400+ mile trail which travels across northern Pennsylvania, covering 3 Regions: PA Great Lakes, PA Wilds, and Upstate PA, and 11 Counties: Erie, Crawford, Warren, McKean, Potter, Tioga, Bradford, Wyoming, Lackawanna, Wayne, & Pike (and includes 2 near-misses: Sullivan and Susquehanna)
We cover wild areas, small towns and local history regions, with few large hotel or fast food chains, but many delightful locally owned businesses.
WHEN: We are an ongoing presence in Northern Pennsylvania. Our memberships are renewed annually. Your basic membership is due June and the option to be included in our printed brochure is due later in the fall.
WHY: Our purpose is to promote our cultural heritage supporting our fine artisans and artists.
HOW: Its easy to join. Fill out the 2017 Membership Form and mail in (online membership form coming).
• Poster: our 2016 poster was so well received we’re planning to make it a yearly offering
• Collateral: members receive 50 postcards and 100 merchandise tags to help patrons to "Remember Our Road".
• Featured on our Artisan Trail page on the PA Route 6 website (new site 2017)
• Artisan Trail window cling
• Special Artisan Trail month (April) promotions
• Listing (name, town, website or email) on the Artisan Trail’s two page spread in the PA Route 6 magazine (distributed to Welcome Centers, Visitor Centers, travel agents, and tour operators)
• Promotion of events on website
• Individual social media posts (at least 2/year)
• Resources for Small Business Saturday promotions
• Opportunity to purchase ads at a discounted rate in the Rt 6 Magazine
• Committee membership
• Featured in itineraries as appropriate
• Opportunity to participate in special events and programs (watch for the 2017 Poster Contest!)
• Access to Best Practices for Artisans andeducational Resources
• Opportunity to display artwork/information at participating Welcome Centers with the Artisan Trail Road Show
• Most important: you will become a part of a network of artisans and cultural supporters across northern Pennsylvania