The Basics, for Individual Artisans:
- First Things First: For Starters, this is a basic checklist for your new artisan business
- Artist Portfolio 101: What do you include? How do you organize it?
- Bookkeeping for Artists 001: A very basic listing of what you need to know
- Pricing Policy for Artists 101: Keep it simple, be consistent
- Artist Statement: Have you written your Statement? Need to refresh your old one? Here are some suggestions
- Photographing Your Work: Taking the best photos to present your best wor
For Shops and Galleries: (in addition to the above)
- Basic Gallery Checklist: Are you planning a Gallery Show? This is your To-Do checklist
- Hospitality Matters! How does your space say "Welcome!"
Grow Your Business:
- Next Things Now: After you've gone through the First Things First checklist--here's your next steps
- Media Kit Checklist: Have it handy, keep it fresh
- Media Release: While you are tweaking your basic Media Kit, check out this guide
- Website Checklist: Take a look at your site. Does it need a refresher?
- Being the Best on 6! Some insights from a seasoned Artisan Trail tripper.
There are so many great websites with helps for artists, arts organizations, shops and galleries. A great place to start is the Pennsylvania Council on the Arts.
Across PA Route 6 there are 4 different PA Partners for the Arts, each serving their region with grant opportunities and other helps. Find yours (by county, west to east):
ERIE ARTS & CULTURE
Counties Served: Crawford, Erie, Forest, Mercer, Venango, and Warren
Phone: (814) 452-3427
ELK COUNTY COUNCIL ON THE ARTS
Counties Served: Cameron, Clarion, Elk, Forest, Jefferson, McKean, Potter
Phone: (814) 772-7051
BRADFORD COUNTY REGIONAL ARTS COUNCIL
Counties Served: Bradford, Columbia, Lycoming,Sullivan, Susquehanna, Tioga, Wyoming
Phone: (570) 268-2787
POCONO ARTS COUNCIL
Counties Served: Lackawanna, Luzerne, Monroe, Pike, Wayne
Phone: (570) 476-4460